Delta 8 THC (Delta 8 or D8) and CBD are hemp-derived cannabinoids that offer potential wellness benefits to individuals. So, which is better, Delta 8 THC or CBD? It really depends on your needs and preferences. That’s why we’ve put together this helpful guide to get to the bottom of the Delta 8 vs. CBD debate!
Read along with us to find out which of these hemp plant cannabinoids is right for you. At the end, we’ll tell you all about Hollyweed’s line of top-shelf Delta 8 and CBD products so that you can pick the ones that are right for you and your needs!
What Is Delta 8?
Delta 8 is a cannabinoid, a chemical compound found in the hemp (Cannabis sativa plant). Less than 1% of a hemp plant contains Delta 8, making it very scarce and hard to obtain. However, Delta 8 THC shares a similar chemical structure to CBD, making them isomers of each other. Cannabis industry giants like Hollyweed have devised a safe and clean way to convert CBD to Delta 8 THC via isomerization. This helps to obtain large quantities of this highly sought-after cannabinoid to make various products.
Delta 8 THC also possesses a similar molecular structure to Delta 9 THC (Delta 9 or D9 or THC), the active cannabinoid in marijuana. Although both D8 and D9 share similar structures, D8 is much less potent and offers subdued euphoria that is still beneficial to the body.
Delta 8 interacts with your endocannabinoid system‘s (ECS) CB1 receptors, which are primarily found in the brain and central nervous system (CNS). Your ECS is an internal network of cell-signaling receptors — the aforementioned CB1 receptors of your CNS and the CB2 receptors of your peripheral nervous system (PNS) — located throughout your body. The ECS serves an important role in optimizing key homeostatic functions such as mood, digestion, mobility, and sleep. Because Delta 8 THC binds directly to your CB1 receptors, the effects are more potent.
What Are the Benefits of Delta 8?
Delta 8’s popularity stems from the many benefits it imparts to consumers. Fans of the potent effects of this Cannabis sativa plant compound appreciate how Delta 8 THC can help to:
- Reduce nervousness and stress
- Improve mood
- Boost appetite
- Ease bodily discomfort and soreness
- Aid mobility
- Promote deep, tranquil relaxation
What Are the Effects of Delta 8?
While Delta 8 hemp products like delta 8 gummies are generally considered safe, there are potential side effects that consumers should be aware of. These effects typically result from overconsumption of Delta 8 THC.
If you exceed your optimum daily amount of D8, expect to feel the following side effects:
- Dry mouth
- Increased thirst
- Upset stomach
- Intense euphoria
It is important to begin with a low dose and increase gradually to avoid these side effects. If you experience any of these side effects, stop using Delta 8 and consult your doctor.
What Is CBD?
Cannabidiol, more commonly known as CBD, is a compound found in cannabis plants. CBD is present in extremely small amounts in marijuana plants and very high amounts in hemp plants. Thanks to the 2018 Farm Bill, hemp and hemp-derived CBD products are 100% legal if they contain 0.3% or less THC.
What Are the Benefits of CBD?
CBD does not produce any inebriation and is a common component of many people’s daily wellness routines. The many health benefits of CBD come from its interaction with your ECS.
Unlike Delta 8 THC, CBD does not bind to your ECS receptors. Instead, CBD interacts with them to deliver these potential benefits:
- Uplifting mood and increasing positive thoughts
- Easing tension and calming racing thoughts
- Boosting appetite
- Improving digestive health
- Easing bodily discomfort and overall soreness
- Nourishing the skin
- Decreasing joint swelling and overall puffiness
- Fostering better mobility
- Promoting deeper, more restful sleep
- And much more!
What Are the Effects of CBD?
There are very few reported side effects from taking CBD, and most of those are from taking too high of a dose. CBD is generally considered safe, but it is always best to speak with your doctor before starting any new CBD products. If you are already taking CBD, it’s very important that you do not exceed your daily amount. This limits the chances of adverse events from occurring.
The most common side effects of overconsumption of CBD are:
- Dry mouth
- Upset stomach
What Are the Differences Between Delta 8 vs. CBD?
For one, Delta 8 is much more potent than CBD, meaning it can provide stronger effects at lower amounts. This is due to Delta 8’s binding affinity for the CB1 receptors of the ECS. And as we previously mentioned, CBD only interacts with your ECS receptors and does not bind to them.
Additionally, unlike CBD, Delta 8 causes euphoric effects. This is why many take Delta 8 recreationally, and CBD is typically taken as a part of people’s daily wellness regimen.
So, if you’re looking for a cannabinoid that can offer powerful euphoric effects that will help you wind down at the end of the day or give you the headspace needed for social gatherings and outings, Delta 8 is the better option. If you’re looking for a more gentle cannabinoid that won’t cause any euphoric effects and optimize your overall wellness and give you a shot of energy, CBD is the better option.
What Type of Delta 8 Products Are There?
There are plenty of readily available hemp-derived Delta 8 THC products ready for your consumption. Some of the many products you can find Delta 8 in are:
- Flower: Have a favorite cannabis plant strain? Chances are you can find them as Delta 8 THC flower! These CBD-rich hemp flower strains come coated with a light layer of potent D8 distillate to give you the best of both worlds.
- Pre-Rolls: These expertly rolled joints come packed with your favorite D8 strain wrapped in premium hemp paper. Many consumers enjoy pre-rolls because they take the hassle out of making joints.
- Cigarettes: These “cigarettes” don’t contain any tobacco, nicotine, or harmful chemicals. Instead, you’ll find pure D8 hemp flower rolled into a convenient smoking stick. Smaller and thinner than pre-rolls, D8 cigarettes have a plant-based paper that allows for an even, long-lasting burn.
- Vape Cartridges: Containing no MCT, PG, VG, or PEG oil and able to fit a standard 510-threaded battery, these carts get their flavor from natural terpenes for a robust vaping experience.
- Disposable Vape Pens: You don’t have to worry about changing the cart on this pen. Instead, these rechargeable single-use vapes come with a pre-filled cart for convenient vaping. Once consumed, just toss it!
- Gummies: Taking D8 has never been tastier! Not only will you consume a pre-measured amount of D8, but you’ll also satisfy your palate with an assortment of delicious fruit flavors! Choose from gummy cubes or fruits.
- Oil (Tincture): One of the most versatile ways to consume D8. You can consume it directly, place it underneath your tongue for faster benefits, or add it to food or drink.
- Soft Gels: Pre-measured and resembling vitamins or medications, Delta 8 THC soft-gels allow you an inconspicuous way to consume D8 at home or on the go.
What Type of CBD Products Are There?
CBD products have dominated the cannabis industry for quite some time now. Some of the most common CBD products include:
- Flower: You can enjoy hemp flower in many ways. You can grind these popular strains up and use the flower to make joints or smoke it with the help of a pipe or bong. If you prefer vaping, you can add some flower to a dry herb vape for a smokeless experience.
- Pre-Rolls: You can smoke these pre-rolls instead if making joints is too time-consuming for you. You’ll enjoy an enriching smoking experience with these hand-rolled joints that come packed tight with top-shelf hemp flower.
- Vape Cartridges: If you have a standard 510-threaded battery, all you have to do is attach one of these carts to it and start vaping! Like their D8 counterpart, CBD carts do not contain any MCT, PG, VG, or PEG oil and contain natural terpenes for flavor.
- Gummies: Pre-measured and available in an assortment of natural fruit flavors, CBD gummies allow you to consume CBD deliciously. These gummy cubes contain no animal gelatin, additives, or preservatives.
- Oil (Tincture): Add some versatility to your CBD experience by adding some CBD oil to your favorite food or beverage. You can also consume it directly or place a few drops underneath your tongue for faster onset of effects.
- Capsules: Consuming these plant-based, gelatin-free capsules is no different than any other pill. Inside these capsules is pure CBD isolate (99%+ pure cannabidiol) for a richer experience.
- Topicals: Give your skin nourishment and hydration with CBD body lotion! For targeted relief of sore, achy areas, utilize a CBD relief salve. These CBD topicals contain natural ingredients to keep your skin looking and feeling healthy.
Where Can Delta 8 & CBD Be Purchased?
You can purchase Delta 8 THC and CBD products from reputable cannabis industry merchants that deal in these and other cannabinoids. It’s best to avoid brick-and-mortar stores like smoke shops, convenience stores, and gas stations since they contain limited inventory and charge high prices.
Your best bet is to shop online with reputable brands that offer cannabis-based products — like Hollyweed! We have every D8 and CBD product listed above and carry a deep inventory of top-shelf products at great prices!
What To Look For When Shopping For Delta 8 & CBD
To ensure you purchase high-quality Delta 8 THC and CBD products, be on the lookout for these things:
- Made in the USA: Products must be derived from American-grown hemp.
- Farm Bill Compliant: Hemp-derived products must contain 0.3% or less THC per federal law.
- 100% Cruelty-Free: The products contain no animal products or by-products.
- Plant-Based: Consume Delta 8 THC and CBD products made from plant-based ingredients to ensure your health and safety.
- Natural Ingredients: Avoid additives, fillers, harsh chemicals, and preservatives.
- Certificate of Analysis (COA): This is a third-party lab-tested document that provides consumers with a detailed analysis of the product and confirms its purity, potency, and ingredients.
Why Choose Hollyweed?
Hollyweed offers you top-shelf products of your favorite cannabinoids at low prices! You can find all the Delta 8 and CBD products mentioned in this article at our shop! We also make all our products with the assurances mentioned in the previous section and provide COAs to ensure consumers receive a premium product.
If you’re on the lookout for a more potent experience, check out our line of HHC cannabis-derived products! This new cannabinoid is set to take the industry by storm just like D8 did. Like Delta 8, HHC will also naturally occur in hemp plants and is derived from them.
No matter what you choose to purchase, we’ll help you save money every step of the way. Here’s how:
- Free and fast shipping on all products with no purchase minimum.
- Save 20% on your first order!
- Save 25% on every order forever when you become a member of our free subscription services! Choose to have your favorite products delivered biweekly or monthly.
- Join our Rewards Program to get perks and savings, and earn reward points every time you shop with us to redeem for future purchases!
- Subscribe to our free e-mail newsletter to receive special discounts, first dibs on new products, and exclusive sales!
- 30-day money-back guarantee in the rare case that you’re not satisfied with our popular cannabinoid products.
So what are you waiting for? Get to our shop and get yourself some Delta 8 and CBD products today with these amazing offers!
Final Thoughts — Delta 8 vs. CBD
CBD is a staple of the health and wellness industry. A popular cannabinoid in its own right, its hemp plant cousin Delta 8 THC is on its way to becoming just as popular.
But consumers don’t need to pit these cannabinoids against each other! Both come out on top in the never-ending debate of D8 vs. CBD. Each provides benefits for consumers for different reasons. For daily wellness, take CBD; for a relaxing euphoria that’s bound to make you the life of the party, take Delta 8.
If these cannabinoids are to your liking, you’ll find plenty of others that are worthy complements. Head to our Hollyweed Shop to get your hands on the best CBD and D8 products money can buy! While you’re there, pick up some potent HHC products, too!