Consumers wanting to boost their general wellness have fallen in love with CBD (cannabidiol), especially CBD oil. This versatile tincture allows enthusiasts to receive the benefits of CBD by consuming it in various ways. However, not all tinctures are the same. So what makes a high-quality CBD oil? Thankfully, we’ve compiled this helpful guide about what to look for in CBD oil so that you can shop with confidence for the best tincture!
You’ll be happy to know that you won’t have to look far for a great tincture; we have one right here at Hollyweed! But what is it about our CBD oil that separates it from the rest? Let’s find out together!
What is CBD Oil?
CBD oil, also known as CBD tincture, is a carrier oil infused with CBD extract. Tinctures come in small glass bottles with a dropper cap for convenient dosing.
You can consume CBD oil in one of two ways:
- Direct Ingestion: Drop your recommended dose of CBD oil directly into your mouth and swallow or mix it into your favorite food or beverage. You’ll feel the effects 45-60 minutes after ingestion, and they will last 6-8 hours.
- Sublingual Administration: Place CBD oil underneath your tongue, hold it there for at least 60 seconds, and swallow. This method has the fastest onset of effects (within 15 minutes of administration) because it utilizes the many glands underneath the tongue for quicker uptake. The effects will last 4-6 hours.
How Is CBD Oil Made?
The first step in making CBD oil is to extract cannabidiol from hemp, a cannabis plant with high concentrations of CBD and very low THC (0.3% or less). Reputable brands like Hollyweed use a safe and clean CO2 extraction method to obtain sufficient CBD to make their tinctures.
The resulting CBD extract is then combined with a plant-based carrier oil to make CBD oil. While other CBD brands might use MCT oil or olive oil, we use the highly nutritious hemp seed oil as our carrier fluid. Hemp seed oil is rich in essential nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, protein, and omega fatty acids.
Is CBD Oil Legal?
Yes, CBD oil is 100% federally legal as long as it’s hemp-derived and contains 0.3% or less THC. There is no federal age limit to purchase CBD products. However, most states require you to be 18 or older. In some cases, 21 is the age limit. You do not need to obtain a special license to purchase CBD oil. Just be sure to have a valid state ID on hand.
CBD oil is legal thanks to the 2018 Farm Bill, which legalized hemp and hemp-derived products throughout the United States. Although most states follow the federal guidelines for CBD products, a handful of states have stringent laws regarding the purchase of these consumer goods. Before buying CBD oil or any CBD products, always research your state laws to ensure you’re not breaking any laws.
What to Look for In CBD Oil
With CBD oil more popular than ever, it can be hard for consumers to sift through all of them to find a quality tincture. However, we’re going to make it easy on you so that you can shop with confidence. Here are some things to look for in CBD oil.
Is It Full Spectrum, Broad Spectrum, or Isolate?
You can purchase CBD oil in three formulations: full spectrum, broad spectrum, or isolate. Let’s take a closer look at what each of these forms of CBD oil contains:
- Full Spectrum CBD oil: Contains CBD along with other naturally occurring hemp plant compounds. This includes THC, other cannabinoids, terpenes (natural plant compounds responsible for scent and flavor), and flavonoids (natural compounds responsible for pigmentation).
- Broad Spectrum CBD oil: Contains the same constituents as full spectrum CBD oil but without THC.
- Isolate CBD oil: Contains only CBD with no other hemp plant compounds present.
If you want to enhance the benefits of CBD, you should consume full spectrum CBD oil like the one we have for sale here at our shop. Full spectrum CBD products are the best at promoting the entourage effect. This phenomenon occurs when all hemp plant compounds work together to produce an effect greater than the sum of its parts.
For those looking to avoid THC, no matter how little the amount, broad spectrum CBD oil is a great option. However, the entourage effect won’t be as beneficial since broad spectrum products lack THC. Isolate CBD oil is perfect for consumers who only want CBD without other hemp plant compounds. Unfortunately, isolate CBD oil does not promote the entourage effect. you can also try CBD gummies.
Whether you’re a newbie or a long-time connoisseur of CBD oil, there’s a potency that’s right for you. But which one should you pick? The general guidelines for CBD oil strengths are as follows:
- Average Strength: 300-600 mg
- Strong: 600-1,800 mg
- Extra Strength: Above 1,800 mg
Thankfully for consumers, our Hollyweed full spectrum CBD oil is available in potencies ranging from 300 mg to 3,000 mg to satisfy everyone’s needs. Although CBD provides many health benefits to the consumer, too much of a good thing can be bad. You don’t want to take more CBD than you can handle. If you do, you might end up suffering from temporary side effects like thirst, upset stomach, and drowsiness. Always dose CBD in low amounts and gradually increase it to an optimal dose that’s right for you.
Various factors you need to take into consideration about your CBD tolerance include:
- CBD tolerance
- Underlying medical issues
The ingredients in CBD oil can make or break its effectiveness and impact your overall health. That’s why you should only purchase CBD oil that contains pure, clean, and ethically sourced ingredients. You won’t have to look far; our CBD oil is made with these considerations.
Every high-quality CBD oil should be made from or contain the following ingredients:
- All-natural ingredients
- No artificial ingredients, additives, fillers, or harsh chemicals
- No animal products or derivatives
- CBD extracted from organic (non-GMO), USA-grown hemp plants
- 0.3% or less THC
- A nutritious plant-based carrier oil (i.e., hemp seed oil)
Certificate of Analysis (COA)
A Certificate of Analysis (COA) is a document provided by a third-party laboratory certifying the ingredients of a CBD product and its quality and potency. These all-important documents signify high-quality CBD oil and are typically associated with products from reputable brands. At Hollyweed, all of our products come with a COA to give our customers peace of mind knowing that they’re purchasing a safe, clean, and legal product.
Brand reputation is everything, especially in the CBD business. Some ways you can determine if the CBD brands you’re purchasing tincture from are reputable or not include:
- Inspecting customer reviews of products sold on their website
- Researching consumer review sites like Trustpilot or the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Reading reviews from third-party websites
- Name recognition and brand awareness
Why Choose Hollyweed for Top-Quality CBD Oil?
Founded by cannabis plant advocates in 2017, Hollyweed is one of the foremost CBD brands in the world. Our rise to fame has been documented in several features for Time Magazine, Vanity Fair, and Reuters. In addition to our notoriety, our satisfied customers constantly recognize our quality CBD products and great service.
If you’re looking to buy CBD oil, look no further. We have one of the best CBD oils on the market. Clean, safe, and potent, our all-natural, all-vegan CBD oil comes with a COA to attest to its top-shelf quality. The envy of many CBD oil brands, Hollyweed is second to none for quality CBD products.
We make our CBD oil and all of our hemp-derived CBD products with the following assurances:
- Made from organic, USA-grown hemp
- Farm Bill compliant (contains 0.3% or less THC)
- 100% All-natural ingredients
- 100% Vegan and cruelty-free
Free Shipping & 25% Off on Every Order of CBD Oil!
Purchasing CBD oil online shouldn’t be expensive. That’s why we offer various ways for you to save money on every purchase, all the time!
Here’s how you can save money starting with your very first order:
- Free and fast shipping on every order without any minimum purchase requirement.
- Become a member of our free subscription services and save 25% on every order all the time.
- In the rare instance that you are not satisfied, we offer a 30-day moneyback guarantee.
- Subscribe to our free e-mail newsletter to have exclusive deals sent directly to your mailbox. You could end up saving anywhere from 20-40% on your future order!
So what are you waiting for? If you haven’t checked out our shop, do yourself a favor and do so immediately after you’re done reading! In addition to CBD oil, here are some other CBD products we sell.
Other Popular Hollyweed CBD Products
If you want to take a break from CBD oil, consider trying these great CBD products from Hollyweed! These products are made with the same quality standards as our CBD oil.
Our CBD gummies are a delicious and convenient option for many enthusiasts. These sweet and savory gummy cubes are infused with CBD oil and made with all-natural vegan ingredients. Take these gummies before you leave the house, or take them with you and dose at your convenience; the choice is yours.
We offer our CBD gummies in the following potencies:
- 300 mg package (10 mg per gummy)
- 750 mg package (25 mg per gummy)
- 1,500 mg package (50 mg per gummy)
You can make joints, pack a pipe or bong, or use a dry herb vape to enjoy our premium CBD flower. Whether you’re into Sativa, Indica, or hybrid strains, you’ll find one to satiate your palate and meet your needs.
Choose from the following strains:
- Sativa: White CBG
- Indica: Bubba Kush
- Hybrid (50/50): Cherry Wine (50/50), Lifter (50/50)
- Sativa-Dominant Hybrid: Hawaiian Haze, Skywalker OG, Sour Diesel, Sour Space Candy
- Indica-Dominant Hybrid: Goliath CBD:CBG 1:1, Northern Lights
These predosed capsules help take the hassle out of dosing. Our vegan CBD capsules are very discreet and look just like any other supplement or medication. They come in a small, compact bottle that you can take with you anywhere you go.
Our capsules come in the following potencies:
- 300 mg package (10 mg per capsule)
- 750 mg package (25 mg per capsule)
- 1,500 mg package (50 mg per capsule)
- 3,000 mg package (100 mg per capsule)
CBD topicals are a perfect way for you to receive targeted relief for various parts of your body. We offer two types of topicals that you can use every day:
- CBD Relief Salve: Available in 500 mg, 1,000 mg, and 2,000 mg strengths, our all-natural moisturizing relief salve is perfect for those sore muscles and body aches. This relief salve is a must if you live a very active lifestyle!
- CBD Body Lotion: Available in a 200 mg bottle, our CBD lotion helps keep your skin moisturized and keep your skin protected at all times. If you have constantly dry, itchy skin, this lotion will keep your skin nourished and hydrated. Our CBD body lotion comes in two scents – cucumber melon and orange bliss – and is made with all-natural ingredients.
Vaping is a great alternative to smoking since it does not utilize combustion or produce smoke. Vape carts use a heating element to vaporize an e-liquid to produce vapor.
You won’t find any MCT, PG, VG, or PEG oil in our carts. We use all-natural terpenes to flavor our carts for a richer, tastier experience. No matter your palate preferences, chances are you’ll find a vape cart that’s right for you.
Choose from the following premium CBD carts available in 400 mg strengths:
- Blackberry Kush
- Gorilla Glue
- Fruity Cereal
- Jack Herer
- OG Kush
- Pineapple Express
- Sour Diesel
- Sunset Sherbert
Final Thoughts – What to Look for In CBD Oil
Buying CBD oil doesn’t have to be a frustrating experience. But if you know what to look for in a high-quality tincture, you’ll be able to make an informed decision about what type of CBD oil is right for you. Some things to look for that can make or break your decision to buy a particular CBD oil include the ingredients, potency, COA, and brand reputation.
You’ll be happy to know that you don’t have to look far to find a high-quality CBD oil that satisfies these requirements. At Hollyweed, we have one of the best tinctures money can buy. Our attention to quality and safety makes our CBD products the best in the industry. If you want to get your hands on a high-quality tincture for a low price, then head over to our shop and get one before they’re all sold out!